Upload: What is the inbox?
- Which meaning do colours and symbols have?
- What can I use the inbox for?
- How can I open the detailed view of my photo and which features does it cover?
- How long are my photos being stored?
- A blue frame around your photos marks those pictures that you selected and thus can edit, place into an album, order or delete.
- A star in your photo indicates the print quality you will get from the photo and size you selected. You will get the best quality if the star is completely yellow and still a good result if the star shows a mixture of grey and yellow. But if the star is completely grey, we cannot guarantee a good quality for your print.
The inbox is the Pixum area where you can:
- order photo prints. If you need further information, please have a look at My first Pixum order – step-by-step? .
- pick photos for creating personalised photo products to save the time of an extra upload.
- easily and quickly add more photos by pressing the orange button „Upload photos“.
- place your photos into an album in order to store them permanently.
How can I create a new album?
- delete photos. The photos will be stored for 7 more days in the trash so you can place them back into your album if you want. If you do not want or need your photos to be stored you can go to the trash, select your photos and press the button „delete“.
If you open the detailed view of a photo by clicking on the magnifier at the lower left corner of the respective photo, you have several options:
- Name your photos (the first eight characters will also be printed at the back of your photo print) and add a descriptive text.
Exampel: „Holiday 2012 – Welcome to London“
- Rotate your photo left or right by pressing the respective button if it is upside down.
- Look at the following technical information by opening the detailed view of a photo and choosing the right tab:
- Image file name
- Taken on
- Image size (Pixel)
- File size (MB)
- Flash used: Yes / No
- Order (button „Order photo“ at the lower right corner) one or several photos and select the size and number of prints. You can also choose your prints to be „with or without white border“.
- Check the prices for different kinds of photo prints directly after changing a setting (as size, number, border).
If you want to order one or several photos, you need to place them into the shopping basket where you can finally check and edit them (e.g. number and size of photo prints). Additionally, you can continue shopping by creating other photo products (as mugs, calendars and greeting cards), adding them to your shopping basket and finally check and place your whole order.
The photos in your inbox will be stored for 21 days before they are automatically placed into the trash, where they will be stored for 7 more days so you can place them back into your album if you want. If you do not want or need your photos to be stored you can go to the trash, select your photos and press the button „delete“.
If you want your photos to be stored for more than 28 days, you can simply place it into an album, where they are stored permanently.